Hope you are all well and safe, looking forward to starting cricket again. With a pathway out of lockdown now evident, Richmond Union Cricket Club has now started planning hosting Junior Blasters Cricket and Master Blasters Cricket sessions for the 2021/2022 Season. Junior Blasters is for little kids 5-7 and is intended as a first time exposure to sport.
Junior Blaster Sessions will be run on Saturdays mornings from 10.00 a.m. till 11.00 a.m. at Citizen Parks next to the cricket nets. You are welcome to arrive 15 minutes early to start warming up. At the moment, the tentative start date is the Saturday, 20th November, depending on the progress of exit from lockdown. The sessions up until Christmas have been setup.
We are also going to host Master Blasters Cricket sessions on Friday afternoons, from Friday, 19th November at 4.00 p.m. in the afternoon. These sessions go for 90 minutes and are focused on more advanced cricket skills, they lead into under 10's cricket. All children, boys and girls are welcome but if a child is younger and/or had no cricket exposure before hand we recommend they enter the Junior Blasters first.
Regardless of whether they enter Junior/Master Blasters, the objective remains the same, to introduce children to a great sport in the most positive way possible. Obviously with the COVID19 pandemic there will be some changes to how sessions run. Richmond Union CC will be following the recommendations of Cricket Victoria, our peak sporting body.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact the Woollies Blaster coordinator, Richard Woolcock on RichmondUnionCC@gmail.com. Alternatively you can contact our Junior Coordinator Lachlan Mosley (See contacts page).
To register your child, click on the link Register below. The program is 60 Minutes of fun per session and recommended for kids aged 4 - 8. It' is aimed at children of all abilities, there are no prerequisites. Richmond Unions program is 12 weeks long. It teaches new skills including catching, throwing, batting, bowling and teamwork.
All kids get their own Blasters Pack and wear the colors of their favourite Big Bash heroes Equipment is supplied for the cost of entry and parent participation is encouraged. We use plastic bats and a rubber ball so the program is very safe. Information about the program can be found here.
Richmond Union Cricket Club
Junior Blasters Dates:
Saurday @ Citizens Park
Senior Blasters Dates:
TBA @ Citizens Park
Citizens Park, Corner Gleadall and Highett Streets, Richmond, 3121
Just a few important notes;
- the club rooms are closed and currently being rebuilt (finished Feb 2022), as a result;
- the only toilet facilities are the public toilets. Parents should always supervise there children going to these toilets.
- There will be no drinks available from the canteen, so you should plan to bring your own drinks. Cricket Victoria recommends that there be no shared drinks! Be aware that the Coles across the Park has been demolished as well.
- Also sure you brings hats and sunscreen (yourselves as well)
- Conditions for playing outdoor sport will be updated in the near future by Cricket Victoria/Victoria Department of health.
- bring your own bats and ensure that your children doesn't share them, we have spare for any kids that require them.
- Don't bring your own balls, its likely they'll get lost.
- We will be sanitizing balls periodically through out the sessions.
- ensure that you log yourself and your child using the QR code.
- the kids will be broken up into smaller groups and kept apart to comply with our COVID plan.